Updating your Unreal Tournament 2004 server is pretty easy. This page will walk you through what is needed to change your game from talking to Epic Games’ master server, and over to OpenSpy’s master server. Be sure to fully shut down your game server before making these changes.
Switching to OpenSpy's Master Server
- Go to the UT2004.ini file (located in the System folder of your UT2004 server install)
- Search UT2004.ini until you come to this section:
[IpDrv.MasterServerLink] LANPort=11777 LANServerPort=10777 MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master1.epicgames.com",Port=28902) MasterServerList=(Address="ut2004master2.epicgames.com",Port=28902)
- Delete the second MasterServerList line, and change the first line, so that it looks like this.
[IpDrv.MasterServerLink] LANPort=11777 LANServerPort=10777 MasterServerList=(Address="utmaster.openspy.net",Port=28902)
- Save the file, and relaunch the server. Your server will automatically handshake with OpenSpy and appear on their master server going forward.
- Be sure your server is running at v3369.3 (on linux), or v3369 on windows with adequate patches. You can get the patches on this page.
- If you want your game server to appear on a certain game mode, you can also utilize the Game Type Override Mutator (you can pick which list it shows up under)
- If you want to see more information about the players joining and be able to ban across multiple servers, check out Llama Punter. It’s free.